Monday, May 7, 2007

Post the tenth

Japanese has been going swimmingly. Ms. Fujii is great, but Josh and I always get sidetracked with questions that we don't get as much done as she plans. It's so sad; every lesson, she shakes her head and mutters that we haven't made as much progress as she'd hoped, and our rate is too slow. So, we made a pact that one of these days we'll surprise her with how much we learned. She be very shocked. (^o^) Right now, we've learned hiragana, katakana, numbers, how to ask and answer some generic yes/no questions, and basic vocab. It's smashing.
The thing about blogging right now is that it's so typical, so ordinary because it's my everyday life, and I see most of the people who read it on a daily basis. There's almost no point...almost. Basically, it's going to get so much more interesting when I'm experiencing a different culture no one else is in and away from the people I ususally see. It balances out...
Mom and I are in process of working through the paperwork. So far, th application for the school is complete, but the visa is taking some time.
That's all, folks.

2 comments:

Helen said...

I like reading your blog! I actually find it very interesting, probably because I don't see you every day. We need to fix this. Once school gets out, we're going to get together a lot so I can enjoy the time with you before you leave!

Mo said...

hahahaha, ohh you'll be fine in Japan, japanese people LOVE tourists and foreign people, just try not to get mobbed by the hordes of people trying to talk to you...:-D heehee

see ya monday!
Moeko