Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"You want cheese?"

To continue the saga where I left off (to jog your memory, a typhoon, a need for bowel evacuation, a vertical challenge of sorts...or you could just read the post below...):
So.

While the typhoon was being all wet and wild, it didn't give us (Natsu and I) much to do, so we (Natsu) studied, we (Natsu and I) ate lunch, chilled...it got old by about 1:30, so I think that we both were kind of thinking the same thing (must leave house NOW). By this time, the typhoon, which incidentally caused a lot of damage but really was relatively mellow in our area, had cleared, which was good. We decided to go cycling, and Natsu brought tennis rackets, so we first went to this little park, playground, rather, and played X-treme tennis (X-treme because I'm not very good--at all), causing the ball to far too often, bid us a fond and faraway adieu. This was exceedingly fun, but as the climate of Tokyo is humid, hot, and humid, once we were properly good and sweaty, we decided it was time to adjourn to the bikes. We then went to this bigger park, which was so so so nice--there was a concert hall on one edge, and a lot of fountains, and an art museum kind of in the middle, causing there to be random modern sculptures to be strewn about the park. It was really very nice. While we were zipping through the park, we saw these four 9 or 10 year old boys, who, in Japanese said to each other, "You should say hello to her," her being me because as the gaijin (foreigner), I have an uncanny talent for standing out...[speaking of which, I was recently in a shopping mall. I realized, that though there were hundreds of people in there, I was quite possibly and probably the only non-Japanese--perhaps for miles--heh heh heh. It was a boggle. But back to the little boys] The next time Natsu and I passed, they all waved and screamed "HERRRRO!" (hello, in case you were wondering.) It was very funny and amusing...
I only brought 3 skirts to Japan, so I had to go and get a few more, which occurred at the mall where and when I had my boggle =)
Yesterday (Monday), I had 3 off periods and then, afterschool, was going to have another hour to myself to study, becaue Natsu and everyone else here next week has finals...I was invited to go to the badminton club, though, and since working hard and doing homework was getting old--and since I have really wanted to try out a lot of clubs, I went and tried it. 4 girls in my homeroom are in it, and it was so fun for all of us to try to explain, or in my case, figure out how the club worked and how to get proper badminton form with a limited vocabulary in either language...it was hilarious, but not in a way that you can blog...
In chapel, I have a Japanese and English translation bible, so when they call the page number and verse, I can never get to it in time...but today it was meant to be! A minor victory...ish...also, I got to the hymn in time and was able to sing, though I still can't read hiragana fast enough for the prayers =) oh, hell.
In Japanese today, Kobayashi-sensei asked me kyo wa, asagohan wo tebemashtaka (what did you eat for breakfast?) It was really bad because it took me until after the 3 hours of lessons to remember...a very petty thing, but very bad...egads.
Also, today, although Natsu and I are in different classes, I joined her PE swimming class...I did one flip turn, and then the rest of the time, we (a bunch of girls) grabbed these floating bricks yuo can stand on and goofed off...ideal PE. I had to do a swim test at the end, though, but it was very easy for me to swim a 50 with flip turns. At the end, though, it was really funny...they all cheered and clapped when I was done...they are so sweet--I'm not special when I do the swim test, vs. if anyone else does it...
Right now, I don't have any pictures, and I'm kind of in a rush to finish--got to go! More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yah yah i like Gouda cheese ;-) hehe have u seen she's the man? lol. aww that was sweet of the boys to say Herrooo!!! :-) so what DID you eat for breakfast? this morning i woke up five minutes before i usually leave :-) yes yes typical me...oh yea! I made first chair in orch...yayy! and i feel like a compleeeeeete MIDGET when i stand/sit next to AP....gosh. ahh well, such is my life...aaand i got these yucky stupid things (yea, reeal elaborate, right?) on my front teeth for my braces, so now i have...a FREAKING LISP!!!!! aghhh this is baaaaaaaad i say, BADDDD!!!!! hehe. i hope it goes away soon....or elthe...i thall be talking like thith for all eternity! hmm...celery...thelery...UGH!!!!!!!

i miss ya me friend!!!!!! ohh i tried calling you last saturday...yea, no...friday for me, saturday for you around 1 pm there, but no one picked up :'[ how sad...but i'll try calling again next weekend, perhaps? so maybe you can tell ur host family that a japanese kid from austin by the name of Tamura miiight be calling...;-) bibiii!!!!!