Saturday, March 17, 2007

My spring break post

Coming live from the Garden State...
[new jersey]
Spring Break is almost over for me, but I'm not complaining. I'm one of those rarer freaky people who genuinely like school and are counting down in anticipation (vs. complete dread). However, a recap of Break in which:
-My grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary--very big deal. This calls for a paternal-side family reunion--Also a big deal in and of itself
-We go to NYC (in part to enrich my pre-Tokyo experience) for 3 days and do touristy things. This involves going to "BODIES: the exhibition," which I now highly recommend, and later me skipping out when my sister goes to the American Girl Place in New York--not my cup of tea. The other eventful event in New York was our family getting semi-held up on the subway [read: a really scary guy was trying to help us out, but his delivery was that of a terrorist].

By the way, in New York, I never realized how many people smoke...It's really disgusting.
-We have another reunion, this time my mom's family. This, too, is quite big.
-I learn to drive (something besides a golf cart) in my grandfather's pickup. It took a lot to get my mom to even let me out of the driveway, but debate is paying off for something... @@@ : ) [side note: where I drove was not illegal--if it was, I wouldn't have been allowed to drive at all]
-The rest of the time was reasonably quiet, which was good. I slept in to ungodly times every day, though, so maybe that's why.
Like I said, it's quiet around here...we come back tomorrow, then school...
Ciao.

No comments: